Every Thursday morning a group of ladies from my church meet at the park near my house and go walking. They have been doing this for longer than I have lived here. Today I finally motivated myself to get up and go walking with them; they meet at 8am and I currently have the privilege to sleep in later than that if I want to (I usually do). Anyway, I walked to the park and saw a gang of ladies with strollers, everyone was pushing a stroller but me. :) They have an established route that takes them in a nice loop; it's about 3 miles long. I had a really good time I started out walking with the ladies in front and slowed down and walked with the ladies in the middle and by the end I was walking with the ladies in back. While we were walking I was feeling fine just maintaining my slow pregnant pace and talking with the ladies. When we got back to the park I felt the need to sit down, so I did (the kids got out of their strollers and played on the playground after we were done walking). I sat and talked with the "newborn" moms, one has a 3 month old and the other has an almost 1 month old. It was a really great way to get to know women in similar situations to me. When it was time to walk home I stood up and felt like my pelvis was going to fall apart. Holy Cow! I've had a some pain there before but not as bad as today. All day since the walk I felt like I'm going to die! Well, not really but it's not a pleasant feeling. I'm really glad I went and I'm planning on going next week; I just hope that the more I walk the less pain I will have. This has really motivated me to do the exercises that my birth class recommends. I even blew up my exercise ball. Everyone needs to do their Kegels!!!! :)
1 comment:
that's so awesome! i was just telling tim today that i wish our ward had a walking group. good for you! hope the pain stuff goes away though.
Post a Comment