Friday, October 24, 2008

Baby Quilt -- Another Opinon?

I was thinking about backing the quilt with orange fleece but Andrew thinks that the orange will overwhelm the blanket. He thinks that green would be a better color, but I don't have any green fleece. I took a picture of the quilt on top of the orange; what do you think? I was also thinking that if the front is flannel and the back is fleece that I don't necessarily need batting in the middle.


3 comments:

sachiko said...

I think you'll still need batting. It's going to help with the friction factor. As for the orange, you'll wear holes in the tacking less quickly I think. Let's be honest, that baby is going to have to get used to the orange anyway, plus you don't have to spend the extra money on more fleece when you forked out money working on your provident living fruit trees :)

Unknown said...

I convinced Andrew that the orange wouldn't be too overwhelming. :) Now all I need is some thin batting and then I can sew it all together. Hurray!!!

Anonymous said...

I like it and think the orange is perfect!!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!