Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nursing Covers

Andrew and I sat down recently and made a list of baby things that we still want/need for the first 3 months of baby's life and on that list is a nursing cover, because you never know when you'll need to nurse when you're out and about. So today I decided to google "nursing cover tutorial" and I found a really awesome one with pictures and everything here. After I found the tutorial I went and looked through my fabric to see if I had anything that would make a good cover and lo and behold I did! Andrew likes the top left, top middle and bottom right. I like them all. :) Though the bottom middle and bottom right are more of a "quilting" cotton as opposed to the others which are more of a jersey cotton/cotton blend.

I used my awesome JoAnn's coupons to get the notions that I needed to make the nursing covers and since I already had the fabric I'll be able to make more than one for a serious fraction of the cost that it would take to buy one in the store. I'm really excited to have my next sewing project; I almost want to start tonight, but I know I'll have plenty of time during the day. :) I'll be sure to update you with pictures of the finished product.

3 comments:

Megan G said...

you could make lots of mula selling these, seriously! when my mom saw mine (which i paid a good chunk of mula for) she said what she usually says... "that would be so easy to make!" thanks for sharing the tutorial link... i hadn't found one i really liked yet. i like the fabric on the top left (colored dots) and the bottom middle (brown) the best. how fun!

Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to email that link to you for a while! You need to email me so I can send you a bunch of great links, cause heavens knows I can't remember to do it on my own! :)

Unknown said...

I've got enough d rings and boning to do 3 more and I think I'm going to do the brown, the orange & green flowers (this used to be a curtain in my bedroom in HS) and the top middle flowers.