I officially hate crickets! They are worse than moths here at our house. We leave the porch light and the light by the garage on when we go out in the late afternoon/evening since it gets so dark here so early and when we get home there are crickets everywhere under the lights.
**Tangent** There is an observatory somewhere close by and so there is a light ordinance in the Tucson area to keep the light "noise" low so they can see the stars. I like seeing the stars too but that also means that there are very few street lights unless you are on a really major road or in a shopping complex parking lot and even then they are really dim yellow lights. So it gets dark early and stays really dark. **End Tangent**
Tonight we came home from the grocery store and there were at least 20 crickets that we could see, and that's just under the light on our driveway. There was also a dead (luckily) locust on our driveway as well. It had to have been a locust because it was a good 20 x's larger than the crickets hanging out under the light. They were at our front door too and probably just as many. So swarms of crickets when I come home not a pleasant experience. We squish them if we can, but tonight we came home prepared. We picked up some bug spray that seemed to work. Hopefully if we keep up the pattern of spraying them they will figure out that hanging out at our lights is a bad thing to do.
The primary reason that I don't like crickets, other than the above grossness, is because there is at least one, which must be huge, that I can hear while I'm trying to sleep at night. One might think that the chirp of the crickets would be soothing since they use that noise in movies and such for peaceful scenes. I personally don't find it soothing at all and when it chirps it makes it even harder for me to fall asleep. So boo to all crickets everywhere!!!
Josie's "Zander's Hoodie"
-
Earlier this summer I was able to test a pattern for my good friend Kymy
over at EYMM. I've had this super cute sweatshirt fleece in my stash for a
while ...
11 years ago
2 comments:
That would drive me crazy too, hearing all those crickets. When I was in Oklahoma we had nasty bugs that drove me crazy but I don't know how to spell it right but I think it was katidid's (my best guess. Good luck
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't get inside. The nasty little buggers figure out how to get in without my permission and I don't really like any bugs. :( Yuck!!
Post a Comment