Friday, December 5, 2008

I Am Officially Nothing...

Andrew and I went to our first weekly doctor's appointment yesterday; it's the one where they tell you what to do if you go into labor and check to see where you are with preparing for labor. I am officially not dilated, not effaced and the baby hasn't dropped into the birth canal yet. Fortunately the baby is hanging out head down. Who knows if it will stay that way, but it's been head down for the past two weeks if not more. So the odds are good that baby will stay that way. *I hope*I hope*I hope*

I've been really good about walking 3 miles twice a week. Once is on Thursday with the Stroller Brigade and I've been lucky enough to have a willing walking partner in Lauren. Today I took Andrew walking with me on the Stroller Brigade's route. It was nice but I think we started out a little too late in the morning; we were too hot by the end of the walk. "They" say that walking is a good way to help prepare baby for labor. I don't know if "they" are right but I'm willing to give it a try. I'm going to take Andrew on another walk tomorrow to see how I handle walking 2 days in a row, and then I will try to walk more than just 2 days a week.

I like walking for the "health" of it. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully he or she stays head down for you!

Walking is good... I walked 2-4 miles daily when I was pregnant with Zander! I went into labor a week early besides him getting stuck trying to come out with his face to the side instead of down everything was pretty quick!

Grant said...

Walking this far along??? I'm proud you can even do it! Way to go! We always tried the more fun way of inducing labor ;}

Cute baby room, too