Thursday, April 30, 2009

4 Months Old Today

I don't have Peter's 4 month stats because his appointment is next week, but he is definitely a happy healthy growing boy. He rolls over both ways when he wants to I haven't seen him go full circle yet but I'm sure that's not too far off. Peter drools like it's going out of style, so he almost always wears a bib. Which is great because he'll play with it and chew on it and that helps absorb some of the excess drool. Just this week I put him in the jumparoo and he's discovered that it turns and he can turn himself towards the toy that he wants to play with. He has excellent picking up/grabbing control. It's amazing to watch him pick things up that I'm not sure he'll be able to. He also has really strong legs; he will just lay on his back on the ground and kick his legs. He will also kick his legs while he's on his stomach and he does this inch worm thing and he can actually move across his blanket. The most interesting thing about his inch worming is he doesn't use his arms.



Peter is sleeping really well through the night and he's getting over his short napping phase. For quite some time he was taking 4-5 mini naps during the day and now he's taking 2 longer naps and 1 short nap. He will typically go 8-ish hours straight through the night, which means he's still waking up before "morning" but he'll usually go back to sleep and wake up for the day between 6-7 am.

I was able to get Peter to smile for the camera today; he will typically just stare at the camera like he's trying to figure out how it works. We recently discovered that fake coughing makes him laugh so I would point the camera at him and fake cough and I got some pretty good smiles from him.


The "what is that thing that you're pointing at me that flashes light into my eyes" look.

He's showing off his awesome sitting up with out falling over skills.

"Mommy is silly"

"You're doing that noise again. I like it"

He's got the cutest crooked little smile.

Peter has discovered and really likes to chew on his feet.

He has gotten good at rolling all by himself.
I think that the little bum crack through the diaper is super cute.

We tried giving Peter formula just to see what he would do with it. He spits it out and gets a nasty rash on his face. We believe that this means that he is allergic to cows milk. I really hope he grows out of it. Poor guy.

I felt so bad after this happened; stupid rash all because I wanted to see if he would eat it.

He is incredibly inquizitive already. He sees me pushing the buttons on the swing and he knows that the sounds comes from there and he will sit there and stare at the control side of the swing. I have a feeling he's going to be trouble. :)

I think babies with pacifiers in their mouths are super cute. Too bad Peter only takes one when he's happy as a toy and only for a very short time.

I was worried for a while that the cloth diapers were so thick that they were impeding his movement, but after a couple of days in the paper diapers and back to the cloth diapers I've decided that they make it a little harder for him to get his foot into his mouth and that's about it.

2 comments:

Measure said...

My son never took a binkie either. I can't believe that Peter is already 4 months old

Megan G said...

I know I sound like a broken record, but DANG that kid is cute. Sorry about the milk allergy, little guy. Believe me, I know that stinks! I love the little bum shot, too. :)