I keep making lists of things that I need, need to do, want and want to do and most of those lists involve having the keys to the house or having something that's in a box in storage. *sigh*
I'm crocheting a couple of blankets right now and I'm planning on a lot of sewing projects once I have my sewing machine again. I was going to start with stuff for the baby's room but we don't have a crib yet (it's on the list), so I think I will start with slip covers for our couches. The couches were slightly mauled by our cat when we had him (he lives with my parents now), he discovered that there was foam in the arms and scratched through the upholstery so he could eat the foam. Stupid cat... I miss him (but that's another post).
Or I have a couple of quilts that I've started and need to finish, both are t-shirt quilts. One is a "normal" quilt with equal size squares of my old t-shirts. The other is the designs from my Grandma's shirts from when she participated in the Senior Olympics, etc. Perhaps I should work on this quilt first and then do the slip covers and then, and then, and then...
Andrew has decided that the best way to get the power tools that he wants is to volunteer to make stuff with them. Currently on his list of things to make are: the crib, a stand for the washer and dryer (since we are getting a front loading washer), a hope chest (thanks Megan for giving him the idea), a chest of drawers and a coffee table.
Apparently the tools that he will need for all those projects include: a planer, a router and router table, a table saw, a chop saw and a sander. Together they will cost around $800 or so for everything. We'll have to wait and see about this.
I want/need the sander so I can refinish our dining room table and chairs. Some of the chairs were left outside so the varnish peeled off and the table top has some heat "stains" from when I was 16 or so and let mini bread loafs cool on the table with not quite enough barrier between the loaves and the table top.
The point is we have a couple lists with about a bazillion things to do on each. I think I will use my lists to properly nest the house. :) Or at least get some unfinished/unstarted projects done.
Josie's "Zander's Hoodie"
-
Earlier this summer I was able to test a pattern for my good friend Kymy
over at EYMM. I've had this super cute sweatshirt fleece in my stash for a
while ...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment